Frequently asked questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions here. Still have questions? Contact us.
- How to activate your Kroger Wireless cell phone service?
- What if I need more data?
- What should I do if I am having trouble with my phone?
- Is there Kroger Wireless coverage in my area?
- My battery loses charge quickly. What can I do?
- I am running out of storage space on my phone. What can I do?
- How can I conserve monthly data allotment?
- How do I find my device's IMEI/MEID?
- Will my phone number change if I swap a new device on my account?
- How do I swap another phone onto my account?
- How can I change my phone number?
- How do I obtain my My Account passcode?
- Am I able to withdraw the money in my account balance if I leave Kroger Wireless?
- Can I add airtime before my next month is due?
- How do I set up Auto-pay?
- Will my unused talk, text and data carry over to my next month of service?
- Where can I purchase Kroger Wireless airtime cards?
- How can I add airtime to my Kroger Wireless account?
- Can I choose my own phone number?
- If I want to bring a 4G or 5G device to Kroger Wireless, how can I purchase a compatible SIM card?
- Can I keep my current phone number if I switch my service to Kroger Wireless?
- What kinds of devices can I bring to Kroger Wireless?
- What should I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
- If I have questions/concerns about a phone purchased on www.krogerwireless.com, who do I contact?
- What should I do if my handset is defective and the one-year manufacturer's warranty has expired?
- Does my handset come with a warranty?
- Is there a fee for long distance calling?
- Will my Kroger Wireless phone work if I try to use it while I am outside of the United States?
- How can I make international calls and/or send international texts with my Kroger Wireless phone, and how will I be charged?
How to activate your Kroger Wireless cell phone service?
If you purchase your Kroger Wireless prepaid plan online, then, activating your service plan is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Step 1: Insert your Kroger Wireless SIM Card
- Step 2: Text START to 1024 OR Call 611
- Step 3: Follow the quick set-up instructions
And that’s it! You’re all set!
Still need Help? Visit: krogerwireless.com/FAQ or Call 1-866-434-7796 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
What if I need more data?
What should I do if I am having trouble with my phone?
If you are experiencing issues, there are several areas to check:
Coverage: To confirm coverage in any area, please go to the link and enter an address. Note the Outdoors, In-vehicle, Indoor Residential and indoor Commercial distinctions for the LTE spectrum.
Check your account: Login here to confirm that you have voice, text and data available for use. Once logged in, along with seeing your balance, you can add airtime if needed or check call records.
Connecting to our network: Sometimes, phones get out of synch with the wireless network. Try turning your phone off, waiting 10 seconds and then turning back on. This allows the device to establish a new connection with our network. You should also check for any software updates that may need to be loaded to your device. If that does not fix your issue, you can try a reset of the device. This reset will NOT affect your call log, pictures, contacts, messages, etc. It will only force needed updates and re-program your device to refresh it.
For GSM LTE Phones Only
- Go to Settings >Network> (you may have to open up Advanced options) Mobile Network > Preferred Network Type and select LTE. (If none of these options are present, select Automatic or Home)
- Go to Settings> Network> Networks and select Access Wireless if not already selected.
- Turn the phone OFF and then back ON.
- Go to Settings> Network> Network > and confirm Access Wireless.
iPhone Network Reset (Manually):
- Go to Settings > General and scroll down and tap Reset, then tap Network Reset Settings.
- If prompted, enter your iPhone password and confirm the reset.
- Wait for the phone to complete the reset process.
If these steps did not fix your issue, please follow the link to verify your account and discuss further troubleshooting steps.
Is there Kroger Wireless coverage in my area?
My battery loses charge quickly. What can I do?
- Use the charger that came with your device.
- Keep device cool (under 90 degrees).
- Turn off Bluetooth and GPS when not in use.
- Turn off keyboard sound and vibration.
- Turn on device’s power saving mode.
- Restart your device periodically.
- Dim screen brightness.
- Reduce screen time-out.
- Turn off app notifications.
I am running out of storage space on my phone. What can I do?
- Uninstall old or unused apps.
- Check and delete your unnecessary downloads.
- Clean up your music playlist.
- Remove large videos.
- Use cloud storage for photos.
If so, try purchasing an SD card (8GB or more is preferable) to insert and use for additional storage (Note: Kroger Wireless does not provide these. We suggest purchasing from www.Amazon.com). Afterwards, you’ll need to move existing information from your phone to the SD card, then set defaults on your phone, so it automatically saves any new information to the SD card. If you need more detailed instructions, try researching “transfer storage from phone to SD card” tutorials for your specific phone model on Google or YouTube.
How can I conserve monthly data allotment?
- Don’t enable automatic updates. Download & update apps, games and music using Wi-Fi only.
- Use Streaming Media such as Pandora, Hulu, Spotify, Netflix, & YouTube on Wi-Fi only.
- Set email accounts for manual download, and sync whenever you have a Wi-Fi connection.
- Set your browser to block pop-up windows, and disable automatic image loading.
- Send pictures & shoot videos as MMS picture message rather than email attachments.
- Remove unused apps from your phone.
- Whenever your device is turned on, there are programs running in the background that use data. To stop this from happening, you must manually disable data on your device.
How do I find my device's IMEI/MEID?
How do I swap another phone onto my account?
How can I change my phone number?
How do I obtain my My Account passcode?
Can I add airtime before my next month is due?
How do I set up Auto-pay?
Where can I purchase Kroger Wireless airtime cards?
How can I add airtime to my Kroger Wireless account?
- My Account - Login to the Kroger Wireless app or My Account, then go to Manage My Account > Account Balance.
- By Phone - From your Kroger Wireless phone, call 611, and follow the voice prompts.
Can I choose my own phone number?
If I want to bring a 4G or 5G device to Kroger Wireless, how can I purchase a compatible SIM card?
Great news, you can bring your own phone to Kroger Wireless by purchasing a Kroger Wireless Plan!
Just follow the simple steps below:
- Click here to verify coverage in your area. Type in your zip code and then click Continue.
- Select "I Already Have a Phone". Enter your IMEI to confirm your phone will work with Kroger Wireless service. Dial *#06# on your phone to find your IMEI.
- Choose the monthly/annual plan that fits your budget.
- Create your account by filling out the forms.
- Complete the checkout process and you're all set!
You should receive your Free Kroger Wireless SIM Card in the next 3-5 business days.
Can I keep my current phone number if I switch my service to Kroger Wireless?
Yes! Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Make sure your current phone number is still Active with your current provider.
Step 2: Gather important account information from your current provider such as:
- Phone Number
- Account Number
- PIN or Password
- Billing Zip Code
Important: Do not cancel your account with your current provider until the transfer is completed.
Step 3: Purchase any of our Kroger Plans that fits your budget
Step 4: Activate your Kroger Wireless Service
Insert our Kroger Wireless SIM Card and follow our How to Activate your Service instructions to learn more. You will be assigned a temporary phone number until the porting process is completed.
Step 5: Initiate the Port in or Transfer Process
Within 24 hours of activating your service, you will receive a text with instructions on how to transfer your phone number. You may also text the word: Port to 1024 to initiate the transfer process sooner. Follow the additional instructions via texts to complete the transfer.
Note: Transferring your phone number may take a few days but most customers successfully transferred their phone number in minutes.
After receiving the Success transfer message, you may then contact your old provider to cancel your account.
And that’s it! You’re all set!
Still need Help? Call 1-866-434-7796 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
What kinds of devices can I bring to Kroger Wireless?
The most accurate way to confirm a phone is eligible is to Click here to validate your phone's IMEI/MEID.
Kroger Wireless supports LTE phones with a minimum of bands 2/4/12 that are also VoLTE capable. Other criteria includes ensuring the phone has met or completed all financial and contractual obligations with the original service provider, has not been marked lost or stolen and had the operating system altered or modified.
If your device is not eligible, we have a variety of options available for purchase on our website at https://shop.krogerwireless.com/phones.
What should I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
In the meantime, if you have an eligible device, you may be able to use it on our service. To check eligibility, log into My Account, then click on Manage My Device > Swap. Follow on-screen prompts to confirm eligibility. If your device is not eligible, we have a variety of options available for purchase on our website at https://shop.krogerwireless.com/phones.
If I have questions/concerns about a phone purchased on www.krogerwireless.com, who do I contact?
What should I do if my handset is defective and the one-year manufacturer's warranty has expired?
You may shop for a new phone by clicking here.
To bring-your-own-phone (BYOP) and purchase just a plan, please visit Our Plans page.
Does my handset come with a warranty?
Is there a fee for long distance calling?
Will my Kroger Wireless phone work if I try to use it while I am outside of the United States?
How can I make international calls and/or send international texts with my Kroger Wireless phone, and how will I be charged?
If you are having issues sending a text message to a number outside of the US, please contact customer care to confirm your account supports international text messaging.